This Akai S1100 sampler came in for repair because it no longer worked. That was because the 5V supply from the power supply no longer worked. So first I removed the power supply and examined it more closely. The usual problem: The electrolytic capacitors were once again the culprit. The ESR of some electrolytic capacitors was far outside the specifications.
At first I thought I could equip the power supply with new electrolytic capacitors. I've done that before. I think it's nicer when the original condition is largely preserved. But I quickly discovered corrosion on many components. Probably caused by leaking electrolytes. So in this case I installed a new power supply and the sampler rebooted.