A Roland RE-201 Space Echo Tape Delay that came in with no echo function at all. Basically it was just some bad components (capacitors) that were replaced. I also did a lot of cleaning (tapeheads, bearing, guide, potentiometer, switches, jacks), especially cleaning the contacts of the reverb tank. A new high professonal audio tape loop was applied. Demagnetized the tapeheads. Finally I did some minor adjustment on the heads.
There are lethal voltage exposed in electronic devices. Unless you know what you are doing, don’t try this. If you following along, you doing so at your own risk.
I’m documenting repairs for my reference and yours.
I do synth restorations and repair with a specialty in vintage synthesizers, drum machines and other vintage gear, based in Düsseldorf, GER. Get in touch about your synth situation!