Customer bought this LINN Linndrum L2 used with some issues. He sent this to a repair service serveral times but he still was’t happy with the result. So he brought it to me to take a look whats going on. I remember the unit was woking at a time and randomly it got frozen. First of all I noticed the PSU replacement but was wondering, why the electrolytics on the main board weren’t changed (they did not test that bad, but their esr (Q) values have seen better days). So later I decided to change them. But before I still was looking, what causes the issue. Well, pretty simply. Since there was a new psu baord installed, which has a variable voltage regulator, that regulator was misadjusted. The 5V rail was just too low to constantly work correct. Once I adjusted that potentiometer the LINN worked fine. But… there were some other issues. Physical leaking capacitors were left on the board, some were just out of tolerance and none of the potentiometer/switches were cleaned. I took over the restoration process. Customer is more than happy now. The drumcomputer still rocks solid. If you want me to service your LINN, just contact me. Here are my pictures.